Your Dashboard Art Jumble's RSS Art Jumble on Twitter Art Jumble on Facebook

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Dr. Sketchy's

































































Last night I went to an event called Dr. Sketchy's (here's the website thingy), located at 111 Minna, a pretty cool gallery that shows lots of local artists, mainly those of the "low-brow" sector. Once every month or so they host a drawing night equipped with a fully costumed model, music, good lighting, and.....a bar. How could it get any better?

When I arrived a few minutes before the opening, the life-drawing part of the gallery was packed. There wasn't a single seat left in the joint, so I found a place in the back- leaning my sketchbook against the back of booth a couple of lady's were sitting in. I was actually outside of the ticketing area, but I still had to pay. I had to stand the entire time, and sometimes my pens and pencils feel in the lap of the couple in front of me. Whatever, I had a beer and the model was a hot super hero.

The best bet is to get there early, bring some friends, some binoculars, maybe your own beer. The next opening is Sat. Feb 26th. and I think the tickets are super limited or something.

4 comments:

Zeitwolf said...

what is it with all those spam comments lately? :(

Rabbit Town Art said...

Your sketches are fantastic! We have a Dr. Sketchy in Melbourne Australia too but they dont normally dress up as heroes. Wish they did though! Would love to see more of your work!

Byron Leboe said...

I also wanted to be Catwoman, but the tights made my butt look big...

Dean Stuart said...

Thanks! Yea I believe the event is in a few different cities, in SF its getting particularly popular right now.
deanstuart.blogspot.com