Your Dashboard Art Jumble's RSS Art Jumble on Twitter Art Jumble on Facebook

Friday, November 3, 2006

Dungeons and Dragons


So many ideas here but I thought I'd go with this , just a cool show back when I was a kid , it actually had some characterization ( uncommon with most of 80's cartoons) and even a bit of violence . Not alot ,mind you , but enough to keep me entertained. I would probably cringe to see it now , as most of those shows don't hold up too well ( Spiderman and his Amazing Friends , a perfect example) but hey , it was cool back in the day !

7 comments:

Greg said...

I loved this cartoon! They rode a roller coaster and ended up in the game somehow. Ah the memories of Saturday morning cartoons. Great job Rory this is awesome!
Now I want to watch it.

Dan Elder said...

wow thats a mind blower.. I coulnd't have been anymroe then 5 sitting at my grandmas house on saturday morning watching this cartoon. Your post just gave me a huge wve of nostolgia.

Kt Shy said...

OH MAN! I had the board game of this, Fantasy Forest it was called, I didn't know it was actually a show! I always played with the unicorn figurine.

Jim said...

Nice job Rory!

I had mixed feelings about this show, not enough violence and that twerpy wizard, but I was still hooked.

Werent you 25 when this first aired?

rory said...

It was the little unicorn that bothered me ...just like Ortho in He-man and Snarf in Thundercats.All those shows had to have the " cute" character for girls and little kids ....I wanted them to die....and no Jim , I'm quite sure I was a kid....

Jim said...

Please tell me you played the roll playing game as well. Come on, you know you did. Whats better than D&D and some Iron Maiden?

Mark Geyer said...

Rory, this is great! I love it when pieces have more than one character in it - it makes it challenging. Great positioning on the characters too.