Your Dashboard Art Jumble's RSS Art Jumble on Twitter Art Jumble on Facebook

Friday, November 3, 2006

Captain Kangaroo

I chose Captain Kangaroo because it was one of the first TV shows I remember watching as a kid.



Captain Kangaroo was a children's program which aired weekday mornings on CBS from 1955 until 1984, then moved to the American Program Service (now American Public Television, Boston) to air syndicated reruns of past episodes in 1992. The show was produced and the title character played by the late Bob Keeshan, who based the show on "the warm relationship between grandparents and children." Bob Keeshan was the original Clarabelle the Clown on the Howdy Doody Show.

4 comments:

Greg said...

Hahaha. I totally remember Captain Kangaroo and his sidekick Mr. Green Jeans. Fantastic job on this Ryan.

rory said...

...I'm waiting for the ping pong balls ....nice , Ryan !

Mark Geyer said...

LOL, this is great! Whenever this show was on though I would change it - not sure why - I think there was another cartoon on, lol. Art Rage, rock on!

Rob Reed said...

Nice job Ryan. I love that unfinished look to the border. Nice color and likeness too.