Your Dashboard Art Jumble's RSS Art Jumble on Twitter Art Jumble on Facebook

Friday, October 27, 2006

Johnny Cash - Ring Of Fire

Ok, get your scrollbar ready...

Johnny Cash - Ring Of Fire.mp3


Love is a burning thing
and it makes a fiery ring
bound by wild desire
I fell in to a ring of fire...

I fell in to a burning ring of fire
I went down, down, down
and the flames went higher.
And it burns, burns, burns
the ring of fire
the ring of fire.

The taste of love is sweet
when hearts like our's meet
I fell for you like a child
oh, but the fire went wild...


If you listen to the song, right away you'll know why the mariachi band is seen. My interpretation of the song is that he fell into a marriage and his wedding ring (the ring of fire) burns him because his marriage isn't going well.

11 comments:

craig said...

haha, thats fantastic mark!! i never thought of it like that!

Rob Reed said...

All I can say is WOW!!!! This is beautiful! Talk about raising the bar, you’ve taken this to a whole new level. Concept, color, composition, texture, execution, you name it... perfect!

Ryan said...

Very well done! I really like the vertical format and that it tells the story of the song from top to bottom. Great song, great visual interpretation.

Jim said...

Great work Mark. I love the Mariachi band. I wouldnt mind seeing them appear in another topic.

Lauren said...

Man this is beautifully done! And I LOVE Johnny Cash! Awesome!!!!

Tom said...

It reads like a comic scrolling down. Great job. It's ill son.

Robert Islas said...

That's groovy.

Cutu said...

Wow it is really hard to find creative composition around. This is cool and the colours and textures give it drama plus the figures kinda relax the tension. Just as it would happen wit cas's music.

heri said...

OOH yeah! love the song as much as the illustration! :)
-heri

Eric Gonzalez said...

Love the song and love this piece! Muy bien!!

Mark Geyer said...

Thanks all for the kind words - I would recommend, that when your feeling depressed to listen to some Johnny Cash - it'll make you even more so, lol - thanks again!