Your Dashboard Art Jumble's RSS Art Jumble on Twitter Art Jumble on Facebook

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Girls Girls Girls! - Day 3 of 7

As promised here is my third consecutive post for this week's topic. I'm making way to posting all seven days of the topic. Day three, here we go...

Surf's Up, girl! I had a blast creating this one. I loaded up a Beach Boys playlist and really got into the vibe. I got the pose/gesture directly from watching a video (at Island's Restaurant) of surfers. I had my sketchbook with me at dinner (like a good little art boy) and took down a bunch of gesture drawings. Months later when I got the idea to create this illustration I remembered those sketches and they really helped!
My sis on Christmas morning! My delightful, adorable little sister. She's all grown up now but back in the day she was just like this. I am filled with such incredible memories when I think of her as a little kid. There's an eleven year age gap between us so I got the chance to really be the "cool big brother" and enjoy fantastic adventures with her. Come to think of it, she does have the stuffed panda nowadays, though!

More girls tomorrow!

Best,
Nathanael
My Blog

No comments: