Your Dashboard Art Jumble's RSS Art Jumble on Twitter Art Jumble on Facebook

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Staring back at war


My grandaddy was a WWII veteran, he wore his WWII veteran hat everyday until the day he died.

His daily activities would include kicking his horny dog off his leg, and chit chatting with his friends about their days in the war over a gazzillion cigarettes out on the porch. When he was alone sometimes I'd watch him stare into nothing...but somethin' all at the same time.

This painting I did of him during undergrad was my interpretation of what I always imagined he'd been staring at all along.

Till this day I don't know one person whose been apart of a war that doesn't have this stare...

www.beautifique.org/blog/

3 comments:

nik charette said...

this is amazing and deeply moving. very well done.

Laci and Frizzy said...

U r an AMAZE artist girll!
L :)

Greg said...

Very touching, thanks for sharing. You truly captured a moment.