Your Dashboard Art Jumble's RSS Art Jumble on Twitter Art Jumble on Facebook

Friday, March 13, 2009

Watchmen by Chogrin

I just wanted to share with you all, some character designs, my older brother, Chogrin, did for the Watchmen art show in Philly. I think he would of posted this himself, but he hasn't received his invitation yet. And since week 2 of watchmen is almost over, I figured I'd post these for him. My brother is inspired by golden age animation, a.k.a rubber-hose animation. He was actually the one who brought up the watchmen art show to me. I knew immediately that he would do "the Minutemen,."

You can view more of his work here:

WWW.CHOGRIN.COM

Chogrin and I plan on finishing all our versions of the watchmen / minutemen and doing a super small run of books later this summer.
Thanks guys!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome, I love the style you chose and the colour pallete.

MARgie said...

wow! what a great idea!

awesome!

Don Murphy said...

These are great! I agree with Eric, perfect colors.

Dipesh said...

very cool! love the old school cartoony look.

Juanma said...

Nice retro look on em.

Anonymous said...

I agree with everyone else. Perfect colors, and great design!

Beatriz Iglesias said...

Cool retro style! Great idea! ^__^

Naldoman said...

This totally deconstructs the concept of "rubbery" toons!

Greg said...

Neat!

Chogrin said...

Thanks everyone!