Your Dashboard Art Jumble's RSS Art Jumble on Twitter Art Jumble on Facebook

Monday, March 16, 2009

Sudbordor


This pic is a parody of a mining town in northern ontario I lived in for 2 years. It's bare black Rock made me think of how it resembled Mordor along with the giant smoke stack they consturcted to elevate the toxic biproducts from the mines that once stunted and killed all the local vegetation. It still kills lots of vegetation today but further north where no one apparently seems to mind or notice. (dilution is the solution to pollution). That big flaming nickel is also an "attraction" since nickel mining is the city's key industry. Well I hope you all enjoy this pic it was a lot of fun to do and good way to mock the beatiful city of Sudbury.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great composition! I love it!

- Josh

n!k said...

very very cool!!! great colors.

Craig Wilson said...

great stuff; I know the area well.

Dipesh said...

nice job eric, this one has always been one of my fav's

Guayapizco said...

really like the mood and environment!

Juanma said...

yeah I remember this one.
Nice too