Your Dashboard Art Jumble's RSS Art Jumble on Twitter Art Jumble on Facebook

Friday, August 8, 2008

Awesome 80's!


1983. This is the truth, wearing a Maiden half-shirt, 501 cut-offs, untied Nike hightops and swingin' some chuks trying to make my best Bruce Lee face. Listening to Scorps, AC/DC, Skynyrd, and watching A-Team, The Warriors, Conan the Barbarian, and wondering why George Lucas had to put Ewoks in the latest Star Wars film...the sad thing is, this is NOT the worst thing I could have been wearing those years, gotta' love those 80's :)

9 comments:

Ryan's Page said...

Now who's showing their age huh?! Haha! Yes the 80's were probably the best decade ever! Knight Rider, Voltron, Weird Al, Goonies, the fall of communism. Though I'm not a fan of 80's metal (Metallica and Slayer excluded) I can forgive the Maiden shirt because you mentioned Skynyrd (the greatest band ever!).

Mark Geyer said...

Who's Skynyrd? Kidding - your a brave man. That's awesome!

Jim said...

Nice! Now please stop wearing that outfit to work, you're scaring people

David Jackson said...

there he is, teenage Rory.

rory said...

Yeah, I knew I'd take a beating for this, but most of my childhood was 70's, early 80's so no matter what, I was probably wearing something horrible, I remember the 70's checkered pants...just have to laugh at it now...

Greg said...

Heh, classic. Knobby knees and all.

sky james said...

Man, if I had seen you as a kid, I would have ditched the cape and picked up some chuks to be like my new hero! Looks great, man!

Brandon Huigens said...

This is pretty much the most awesome thing ever.

Ryan Cody said...

you are my hero, and probably would have bought me beer when I was in school