Your Dashboard Art Jumble's RSS Art Jumble on Twitter Art Jumble on Facebook

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

my best furry freinds


The last year was a tough one. While seeing Robyn(my wife 2b through her battle with cancer I watched my best furry pal slowly pass away from it. After 17 years of good times with him I can say with much ease he was the best cat or even pet I've had. He was more of a dog and definitely liked dogs too. He is also the inspiration behind my Cake story as well as his canine sidekick Pig. May they both rest in peace I dedicate this post to the two finest pets I've known.

This picture dates back from my days in school when I'd only use a mouse for video games.

6 comments:

Peachtreeart said...

So sorry about your wife 2b and dog. I had a lab that died from stomach cancer and a shepherd that died at 4 from lymphoma. It was awful. Especially when the lab died, my son was about 15 months and we were soooo distressed about our lab dying. She was such a trooper. At the time we didn't know but she'd endured my son bouncing on her belly and chewing on her ear and never a complaint from her. The week she died my son was sooo sick and I took him to the doctor's. Well the doc wanted to know when his symptoms started and I burst out in tears telling him I didn't know cause our lab had just died. For years after whenever we saw a cloud I'd tell my son that it was jeannie in the clouds eating a pizza off the counter. As I type this I'm crying because both dogs meant so much to me. I love how you've remembered your dog in your drawings. :(

Dipesh said...

Owning two cats of my own, i feel for ya, and i think most people do. Good thing is that with your storey your pets will live on. Great job on these, i remember them from the school days...hehe so glad they're finally being used for a storey.

Juanma said...

Lovely story man,
heartwarmin´
And i love that you go back to your animation roots, with that classical expression sheet.

Rekha Thorat said...

awesome drawings!! I can relate to your heartfelt pain of loosing pets in times when they are part of the your support system.

FrankenBarry said...

Really sorry to hear about the tough year you had. Hope Robyn is doing well... I'm sure everyone on AJ is sending good vibes your way. Great work on the character designs, and expressions... awesome drawing skills!

Greg said...

sweet character study Eric!