Your Dashboard Art Jumble's RSS Art Jumble on Twitter Art Jumble on Facebook

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Jack and the Beanstalk

I'm a big fan of old fairy tales; that's why I couldn't pass up on the chance of illustrating Jack and the Beanstalk when I saw it was this week's topic at Art Jumble.


I wanted to give my giant a more aristocratic look than what you usually see. The guy's got a magic hen, a talking harp to do his bidding, and he is living in a magnificent castle -- he just didn't give me the impression of an unsophisticated oaf. And I must admit I had a lot of fun drawing a big ogre with a monocle!

» nikogeyer.blogspot.com

9 comments:

Beatriz Iglesias said...

WOW! That's ... great! The Big Boss Monkey really rocks! And the perspectives are perfect...congrats Niko! ^__^

Mark Geyer said...

Very epic Niko! Can't wait for the colored version. The unsophisticated oaf turned sophisticated, would make for a funny animated feature though.

Juanma said...

Ohhh you gotsta colour this up, even if you dont make it for the week, post it on yer blog .
love the perspective,a nd the take on the Monkey Giant, very original

Craig Wilson said...

Very nice. I like how you designed the stalk as well.

Unknown said...

I think everyone else has covered ho great this is. I love it. Nice composition and blocking. Very cinematic. Cheers can't wait to see more!

Dipesh said...

wicked...nice details and perspective

rory said...

Yes, agree with all the above comments, well done!

Jake Yago said...

Great perspective,composition and colors!

Dipesh said...

Wow...and i thought the rough looked good...awsome job on the colouring!!!!