Your Dashboard Art Jumble's RSS Art Jumble on Twitter Art Jumble on Facebook

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The Wallace and Ladmo Show

For those that did not grow up in Phoenix, Arizona, the Wallace and Ladmo Show was a children's show that was on television for 35 years and was one of the the longest running children's show in US television history (1954 - 1989). I used to watch this show every morning before going off to elementary school to catch the newest episodes of George of the Jungle and of course Transformers.

The characters from the show that I decided to pay tribute to are, from left to right: Wallace, Ladmo, and the bratty Gerald. Ladmo is holding a Ladmo bag which was full of treats and handed out to kids in the audience. I sadly never got one.

6 comments:

Mark Geyer said...

Holy hell, you are quick my friend. I remember this show too. You've captured Ladmo very well, tall and lanky, his huge smile, big chin - great stuff Greg!

rory said...

I KNEW you were going to do this ! I remember the show , but Gerald really bugged the hell out of me so I did'nt watch it much.

Greg said...

Yeah, this one just seemed like the obvious choice because of the character designs even though noone outside of Arizona knows who they are.

Easy Zee said...

Never heard of the show, I grew up in Canada. But the illustration is great! I love the pissed off look on the face of the kid with glasses. Looks like a snotty brat. I want to smack him just for looking like that. I like the totally different proportions on each character. Great contrast in characters!!Bravo.

Jim said...

Great work Greg.

I heard of the show before moving to AZ. My Mom and my Aunt (who grew up in PHX) would talk about the show every now and then.

I have to agree with everyone else who commented, Gerald looks like he needs a good thrashin'

Unknown said...

I was on the show once!