Your Dashboard Art Jumble's RSS Art Jumble on Twitter Art Jumble on Facebook

Thursday, October 26, 2006

I love to sketch stuff based off song lyrics.


I'm actually making a comic based on the lyrics to the song She Says It's Alright by The Rentals. I'm working on the cover now. I should have it printed by the end of this year. Here is the splash page. The lyrics used are "Return to the city"


Below are some other sketches I've done based on lyrics.




The lyrics are "I climbed your arms... then you pulled away" from Teenager by the Deftones



This was based on the lyrics "I don't know how to get it back to good" by Matchbox20. Which is, by the way, the ONLY matchbox20 song I like, and it's solely based on the lyrics.


Baby Got Back - Sir mix alot. I'm joking of course, this I just sketched in that style so I thought I'd show it

5 comments:

Lauren said...

These are all pretty sweet! I love the style of the lower sketches, but the top one is especially beautiful! Great work!

Tom said...

Thanks Lauren!

Greg said...

Fantastic splash page Tom. Love the treatment on the purple bricks and the moon.

rory said...

those colors on the top are great , and I dig those sketches , you should do an emo show....:)

Jim said...

Great bunch of images Tom. I actually thought of the Sir mix Alot song too.. little in the middle but she got much back...