Your Dashboard Art Jumble's RSS Art Jumble on Twitter Art Jumble on Facebook

Friday, May 8, 2009

Day and Night



Here's a couple of images I decided to do for this weeks topic of Spider-man. On a personal not I have to say Todd McFarlane's Spider-man comics got me drawing at a young age ...well him and Wile E Coyote. Anyhow, I couldn't decide what to draw for this weeks topic with all the fun villains and poses you could come up with. But I remembered how much I loved Todd McFarlane's comic covers from the 80's and one in particular had classic spidey on the cover then it was redone later as black suit Spidey. Anyway this is an homage to both spider-man and Todd McFarlane's inspirational work that helped lead me to the field I'm in today and the craft I love.

enjoy!

9 comments:

Liana Hee said...

Really nice, the water looks fantastic. :)

~Shannon Mistry said...

nice job Eric! loving the black spidey with the rain!! i've always favored the black costume...hehe.

Anonymous said...

Amazing! Simply AMAZING!

- Josh

Sam G said...

Beautiful. Very inspiring.

Will Appledorn said...

these are really nice, but his little belly there doesn't seem to fit

Jason Quinones said...

spectacular spider-men!!!

i too prefer the moody black version.

Daslav Vladilo said...

niceeeee and cooll :D

Unknown said...

Thanks Will! I fixed his arachno-beergut....he's now been tummy-tucked.

Greg said...

Very cool Eric! I dig the mood change between these two images. The sunlight breaking through the clouds is a great touch.